Baking Beauties Tag. So here's our first very own recipe to be shared on the blog!
Ginger & Orange Fairy Cakes (makes 12)
4 eggs / fake equivalent
The rind of 2 oranges
3 tsp ginger
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 / 375f
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, until smooth.
- Add the eggs and flour a little at a time until combined.
- Stir in the orange rind and ginger.
- Line 2 cupcake trays with cases and fill each case about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins, or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- For icing, mix together sieved icing sugar and margarine until fairly thick. Then add the juice of half an orange and the zest of an orange. You will now need to add more sieved icing sugar until stiff.