Laura says these are her favorite mince pies ever and she'll never go back to the norm. I however, hate mince pies of any sort so obviously these wouldn't be any different to me. It's a very basic mince pie recipe with little magic twists to get your party started.
Berry Mince Pies with Orange and Cinnamon Pastry (makes 12)
225g plain flour
4 tablespoons icing sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons orange zest
4 tablespoons cold water
1 handful of dried cranberries
1 large teaspoon raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6 / 200 C
- Sift together the flour, icing sugar and cinnamon. Mix in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the orange zest, sprinkle cold water and gather dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to around 1/2 cm thick. Cut out 12 (7cm) wide circles, and 12 (5cm) circles.
- In a bowl mix together the mincemeat, cranberries and raspberry jam.
- Put the larger pastry circles in a muffin tin. Fill each circle with roughly a teaspoon of the mincemeat mixture, then place the smaller circles on top and pinch to seal. Brush with milk.
- Bake the mince pies in the oven for 15-20mins. Cool on a wire rack, and once cool dust with icing sugar.