18/12/2013

It's Christmas Tag Time!

a post by Laura
We'd been looking for a good Christmas tag for a while to share with you guys but none quite hit that spot. Until... I stumbled across one beautifully created by Ella from Hello Wonderful (you should definitely have a read) so here goes.

What time of the year do you start your Christmas shopping?
Normally in October, we like to beat the rush and be able to relax in December (not that that ever happens) as 3 out of my 5 siblings, Mum, stepmum and Michael have birthdays around Christmas! Holy cow! Next year I want to start early so I get the best deals.

Do you have any festive recipes for food or drink you limit solely to the Christmas season to share?
We're doing a Christmas Bake Of The Week series at the moment but the only Christmas recipes we limit to Christmas are mince pies and Christmas pudding, which Michael absolutely hates, silly boy.

Tell me how Christmas goes down in your home.
We wake up at 6 (yes, my brother's crazy. At 17) we all go down stairs with Mum and open presents around the tree, but not before we make a cuppa ofc. We open our pressure whilst Scamp goes crazy, he's great for someone who's very weak, he just doesn't know when the wrapping is done. It's Izzy's first Christmas with us this year so we're excited to see what she's like! After this we usually just relax for a bit before Mum cooks breakfast (Christmas fruit bread for me)and we sit round the table and eat. Gladrags are put on and the red lippy makes an appearance, not on Michael though. My other brother and sisters come round for an hour or so and we swap presents, I love sharing presents with them when we all crowd round in the living room. Then they all go home and my Nan and Pamp (Grandad) come round for lunch, stepmum has to go due to being lesbians, stupid. Cue arguments over how long things should be cooked; Nan likes to cremate the turkey then probe it while Michael likes it juicy. We finish dinner, watch something and demolish Mums famous Christmas pudding. It's going to be a little different this year due to m.e but it's our way. Everyone goes home or away and then it's just me, Michael and Izzy, best bit of Christmas :')

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
We always *test* a Christmas pudding at the beginning of December, Mum has to make around 8 every year! Me and Michael have a naughty tradition, we always give eachother at least one present early, i swear one year we'll have nothing to give eachother on Christmas day! We also always visit my Nan and Pamp on Christmas eve but this year I'm too I'll and they can't come down, sob.

Do you have a favourite festive coffee?
Michael hates coffee, or any hot drink for that matter, but I like cinnamon or gingerbread from Costa. My favourite would have to be Whittards festive Christmas pudding ground coffee , it's so good!

What's your favourite Christmas song?
The Pogues; Fairytale Of New York. 'Nuff said.

What do you do Christmas Eve?
Like above, we visit grandparents. After, we come home, eat some crap food and watch a Christmas movie snuggled in bed. And try to get an early nights sleep.

What's your Christmas wrapping strategy? Do you have a strategy?
I'm obviously not wrapping this year so I've bought a load of gift bags, but I know Michael's is wrap it and fix it with tape. As was mine until Mum 2, aka the wrapping Queen, taught me.

What's your dream gift this year?
Our very own place, 'tis all.

Describe your Christmas tree. How tall? Real or artificial? How is it decorated?
I can't leave my bedroom much so I have a 12inch real tree with a snowflake decoration, so cute. I did watch everyone put up the house tree, artificial with a naughty dog, and Michael helped me put Tigger on the top.

Do you decorate just the tree or other areas of the house e.g. windows, bannisters?
We decorate the dining and living room; stockings on the fire, advents markers and nativity scene. Our best friends' Mum used to dress her house like Santa's grotto, it was incredible! There was even a flying Santa along the ceiling!

What do you wear to Christmas parties and what do you wear on Christmas day?
Wow. We don't go/get invited to Christmas parties, ever. But we do do Christmas jumpers for Christmas day. Saddos. I may have worn Michael's Christmas jumper from last year throughout this year...
      
We hope you enjoyed reading this or being nosey, do it yourselves if you wish, we'd love to be nosey too.



No comments:

Post a Comment