4 eggs/egg substitute (using Orgran no egg will prevent it from rising so maybe try flax egg)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Get 2 round cake tins, grease them with butter then line with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add a little of flour and eggs at a time until completely blended into the batter.
- Pour the mixture in to the cake tins, half in each.
- Bake in oven for around 30 mins, until golden & a knife put into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a rack until cool.
- Now, it's up to you, we covered ours (only 1 half due to tin going walk about) in icing but traditionally a good wad of jam in between the 2 cakes is awesome!