Almond & Cranberry Granola
5 cups oats
2 cups chopped almonds
1/2 cup flaxseed
3 cups cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp butter/vegan if you want
1 tsp cinnamon
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set the oven to gas mark 4 / 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan add the honey, brown sugar, coconut oil and butter, melt over a low heat until combined.
- In a new bowl mix together the oats, chopped almonds (i chopped from whole) and flaxseed.
- Add the melted ingredients to the bowl, along with the cinnamon, and stir together.
- Spread the mixture across the 2 trays and pop in the oven.
- Now, your preference; You can cook the granola for however long you like but you have to give it a move-about every 5/10 minutes. We cook ours for 30-40 minutes to get the perfect crunch with a little chewiness. Mmmmm.
- Now for the cranberries, just stir them through the granola when cooled. Bobs your uncle...