15/05/2014

M.E. Awareness Week: Thankful Thursday.

written by Laura.
Seeing as it's M.E. Awareness Week i thought i would do Thankful Thursday special, excited? You should be! The reason i started doing Thankful Thursday was that i wanted a way to see the positives when this illness seems to rip everything from you. Today, i'm going to give you 5 things that i am thankful for, even when having this devastating illness. And maybe you could leave me a comment below saying what you're thankful for. Always look on the bright side of life and all that jazz.


Even though i have M.E. i am thankful for...
  1. being able to see and hear. Yes, my sight may not be the best and anything too loud makes me want to cement my ears up but i can still see my family, can still hear Michael sing to me, can still watch my animals being cute.
  2. having someone who loves me. With M.E. it can be extremely hard to be in a relationship, your partner misses out on things because they want to look after you and you're too tired to even talk to them sometimes.  But, despite Michael being 15 when i got M.E., he's stuck by me and i'm so lucky to have someone who completely understands me and would do anything for me.
  3. this blog. Starting Me, Michael & M.E. has changed so much of my life for the better. It's made me a lot more confident around other people; i now tell people to shut up when they start talking over me because i'm quiet and it's easy too. Go me! This blog has also enabled me to meet a whole new bunch of people who are going through the same thing as me, when for 4 years before i'd never spoken to anyone else with M.E.
  4. my animals. I have 3 dogs (2 family dogs, 1 mine and Michael's) and a rabbit and they're all so lovely. My dogs don't leave my side, will lick me until the cows come home thinking they can make me better and they always do as i say (even if they ignore everyone else). 
  5. being allowed to wear pyjamas all the time. If a healthy person wore PJ's all day they would be called a slob and told to stop being lazy. But, the up side of being ill is that you can wear the comfiest clothes known to man and no-one will blink an eyelid. Awesome right?  

4 comments:

  1. They are all such brilliant things to be thankful for. I had never really considered that I'm quite lucky to be able to wear PJs all day- so that is something I am going to be thankful for today :)
    Hope you're feeling as alright as possible today.

    Faye
    freckles&all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the post :) Pyjamas are the way forward! Keep your chin up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for knowing who my true friends are - the ones I can count on no matter what is going on with my life with M.E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you have friends you can rely on :) I have 2 close friends, one lives in Oz and the other in another county with sever M.E. but they're always a text/message away :D x

      Delete