You'll need a 2 pint pudding basin.
85g/3oz gluten free flour blend,
56g/2oz ground almonds,
1/4 tsp salt,
2 tsp mixed spice,
42g/1.5oz gluten free breadcrumbs - we used these Biona ones,
56g/2oz glace cherries,
283g/10oz mixed dried fruit,
57g/2oz vegan butter - melted,
1 tbsp black treacle,
1 grated apple,
1 lemon - rind and juice,
2 tbsp brandy,
2 tsp cranberry juice,
2 flax eggs,
3 tbsp any non-dairy milk.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and grated apple together in a large mixing bowl. Then stir in the butter, lemon's juice and rind, brandy, cranberry juice, flax eggs, milk and black treacle.
- Line the pudding basin with baking paper, then pour the mixture in to it. Once evened cover with tin foil so no water would be able to creep in.
- Put the pudding in a large saucepan and pour in hot water from the kettle until it comes up to about 3/4 of the basin. Then it should be done!
- Let sit in the water for 2 1/2 hours, topping up with more boiled water every now and again.
- Let the Christmas pudding cool down, it should need to be left overnight. When it's cooled tip the pudding out of the basin, wrap in fresh baking paper, then tin foil over that.
- Pop it in a cold dark place (if you're leaving it until Christmas) to gain more delicious flavour. Then there's the good bit, Eating!
- On Christmas day warm it up in the microwave and serve. Options are: Brandy cream, cream, custard, my favourite; Ice cream! Yum.