14/12/2014

GF&V Delicious Apple Upside Down Cake.

Note: Sorry about the phone photo's, a certain someone lost our memory card under all of our boxes, but don't worry, we found it!
Lately we've seemed to have a bucket load of apples, which I was avoiding due to them being too hard to eat (baby food's my jam!). Then, I found this recipe and there were no apples left, typical! Anyway, Mum bought some more, this cake was made, it was destroyed. To be honest, it was so lovely for me to be able to share a bake with my handsome fiancĂ©. You see, Michael doesn't really have much of a sweet tooth and he probably eats one portion of fruit and veg a week. No. Joke. But, this one, we shared and boy, was it good! Unfortunately, this isn't our own recipe (they seem to be loved the most), however at the beginning of 2015 you're gonna get a shit load of amazing home grown recipes! So, this weeks recipe is the Breakfast Apple Cake by Tabatha at Kitchen To Nirvana. There's one thing I have to say about this cake; you can not tell that it's vegan and gluten-free! Wow.

And here are our tips:
  1. Whatever you do don't use a loose bottom tin, it will be a disaster and all the caramel will just seep (maybe pour) out of the tin.
  2. Don't be daunted by how thick the cake batter is, just spread it in the pan and throw it in the oven.
  3. Leading on from that point, don't be worried about the thin consistency of the caramel, it's all good.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite sweet treats! You have made me feel so hungry for cake right now! I hope you are doing OK lovely. Lots of love to you xx

    Hayley // www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete