07/12/2014

My Christmas Movie List.

Note: Sorry for any bumbles, i'm very poorly atm.
Yup, i have a memo on my phone containing a list of 6 festive movies that i must watch before Christmas day. Disclaimer: Elf isn't one of them, and no, i've never seen it! Pleas don't lynch me! Also, i love watching Harry Potter on ITV all throughout December, much to Michael's horror, i just find the Potter franchise really relaxing (just me?). Anyway, i'm getting off track. Here's my favourites in order of most loved:

  1. Miracle on 34th Street (the 1994 version). If you don't love this film, something's very wrong. Who doesn't think Mara Wilson (fact: she's a writer now) was just the cutest child actor going too? I don't really have much to say, just i love it and Richard Attenborough is the best Father Christmas. Ever.
  2. Rise of the Guardians. This one had me chuckling throughout and even Michael loves this one (he's not a big lover of cheesy Christmas movies, i've got enough of that for both of us!). It's fairly new so if you haven't seen it yet it's well worth a go. Two words. Russian Santa.
  3. White Christmas. An oldie but a goodie. It's kinda tradition in my house to watch this around Christmas time, seeing as it's my Mum's favourite. This film is so beautiful and everyone in it looks so classicly glamorous.But, of course, you can't beat a bit of Bing.
  4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie. I know this probably isn't to many peoples tastes but i watched this every year without fail when i was little and you know how we all love our childhood-favourites. I think every child should watch this (unless they're animation snobs).
  5. Love Actually. Classic. This film must get to everyone, it's just so damn heart-warming. I don't know anyone who hasn't seen this film, and i don't know anyone who doesn't like this film. So many mushy bits to keep you smiling and cosy throughout these cold days of winter, sounds good to me.
  6. Arthur Christmas. We only watched this film last Christmas but it was well worth it. It definitely highlights how families interact around each other at Christmas time, we've all got that one in our family, eh? It's a really relaxing watch and very sweet too.

2 comments:

  1. Miracle on 34th Street is just magical. I watched this film a lot before I went to New York for New Years. Thanks for some new festive viewing ideas. Sian xx

    ReplyDelete