11/01/2015

Chickpea & Potato Stew.

So, our moving has been delayed by a week. Though, for you, that means you're getting a post you wouldn't have. I'm kinda glad because this one's a winner, especially for my spoonies and i know, ill or not, that everyone will love it! I've been extremely poorly lately so i'm on a diet of puree, fun. But, luckily, i have a fiance who is a whiz in the kitchen and always gets it right. This is a stew so it does have that hearty feeling but everything's soft enough to be as easy going down as a soup. I don't really know what else to say other than this was a life saver the other week and there was still loads left over to freeze in 'Laura size' portions.

Chickpea & Potato Stew (serves 7)

Ingredients:
1 onion
2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
4tsp ground cumin
2tsp ground ginger
3tsp chilli powder
15 small baby potatoes, halved
5 carrots, chopped into chunks
2 large parsnips, chopped into chunks
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
700ml vegetable stock
4tsp tomato puree
  • Gently cook the onion and fresh ginger in a large pan (and we mean large) until the onion is translucent. Add the dried spices cook with the onion for a few minutes, then add all the veggies and mix well.
  • Add the chickpeas, the stock and veggie puree and give it a stir. Then cover and leave to gently cook over a medium heat for 45 minutes, stiring regularly until the veggies are tender (or very soft for us poorly gals) and the stew has thickened. If needed, add some more stock and let cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Season the stew to your tastes and enjoy! Easy Peasy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your on purée foods at the moment Laura, but I bet this tasted amazing!
    I think I will have to give this recipe to my mum with a big cheesy please make me this smile!
    Emma Xx

    ReplyDelete