01/01/2015

Thankful Thursday: New Year's Day Edition.

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely time seeing in the new year, we snuggled in bed watching Graham Norton, then Jools Holland and it was rather perfect for us.

2014 was not the best year for us unfortunately, I had a lot of old demons come rising up and I've not been the easiest person to be around (sorry babe). But, good things have also happened so here's what I'm thankful for from 2014.

In 2014 we were thankful for:
  • Getting engaged - In September the most wonderful thing happened, Michael proposed! It was perfect and in our most favourite place in the world, Brighton. I'm so happy and we're trying to get started with wedding planning. We've set a date for the 18th September 2016 and i cant wait to be a wife! You can read more about us getting engaged here and here.
  • Me having found my wedding dress 'The One' - I know, i know, she's nuts. We knew we were getting to the marriage stage for a while but there hadn't been a good time until a few months ago, however that didn't stop me looking for wedding dresses on Etsy. I had a very specific vision in mind, yet had never seen anything like it. Then. There it was. On a beautiful website i stumble upon by chance and it was love. Mum bought the dress the other day (she's always wanted to buy my dress) so it's done and that's the dress i'll be wheeling down the aisle in. the woman who runs the shop has been absolutely delightful, even helping work out all my needs.
  • Changing our wedding date - We were supposed to be getting married in September this year (2015) but we just didn't have the money nor the the time to be getting married then. So, after a lot of stressing, we finally decided to push it back so we would have even more time to make it the perfect-est day ever!
  • Having a lovely bunch of  lovely spoonie friends - This year has been a beautiful year for friendships and i couldn't be more thankful for all the lovely ladies that have been incredibly supportive. One of my best friends (out of the M.E. community, but still a spoonie) emailed me when we started this blog and we've been nattering away ever since, she's even my Maid Of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid! Then there are the 3 lovely ladies i've really connected with in the last 6 months, who are so lovely and understanding that it makes my heart fuzzy. Here are their blogs: Sweet Emma over at Emma's Looking Glass, Inspiring Katharine from 
  • Katharine and M.E. and Gorgeous Sally at Wheelingalong24.
  • Reaching 120 followers on Bloglovin - Wow. This may not seem a lot to some but to us it's an amazing achievement (in last years NYD post we had a goal of 50) . We've not posted consistently, or very often in the last few months but you sweeties have stuck with us through thick and thin. And, we're still getting new followers so Thank You.
  • Reading (or listening to) 67 books - Yup, by Jove, I did it! I'm really proud of this one considering for the past few months I have been suffering with extremely severe M.E. I even managed to beat my Goodreads of 36 books by April. I think I deserve a pat on the back, even if I do say so myself. (You can follow me on Goodreads here).
  • Izzy being saved by some awesome vets - Izzy got very ill with a womb problem (read more about it here) and if we hadn't dealt with it in the timely manner we did, Izzy wouldn't have made it. But, the vets did all the hard work and they did a marvelous job. Here are some cute pictures of a poorly Izzy after her op.
  • Scamp being just as much trouble as a pup - Our Bichon-Fise, Scamp, is getting on a bit now, bless him. However, he's showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. In fact, i would say as he's getting older he's becoming even more trouble! If you read our first ever post about our animals (though, Barley the bunny has passed now) then you will know Scamps history, including being hit by a transit van and getting up and walking the next day, to the vets extreme surprise may i add. So, it's no surprise that he's not letting a bit of arthritis hold him down. His escapades around Christmas include: Ripping open all the presents under my step-mums tree on Christmas eve (leaving her to re-wrap every single one), going absolutely nuts on Christmas morning with Izzy for presents (and not stopping once the present was unwrapped) and last but not least, standing on my chest every single day and staring into my eyes (not creepy at all...).
  • Getting the keys to our flat & having a wet room - If you've been following us for a while, then you will know about our struggle to move out into a more disabled friendly home. After 3 long years, we're finally there and it is incredibly exciting. It's going to be amazing to be able to make our very own cosy home with my love and our Izzy. There's more about that here.
So, even though i am extremely poorly right now, and just keep getting worse and worse, there are some lovely things to look back on in 2014 that we'll remember forever.

This year, we've set some goals (resolutions never work) that we'd like to work on incorporating into our lives. We also have some 'things we'd like to do in 2015' goals. You can see them on our 2015 Pinterest board. I've found that, through making my goals visual, i am much more excited about what we can achieve in 2015, and when i'm feeling low i can look at the pinterest board and focus on that. Also, look forward to lots of exciting blog things coming your way this year (including a new blog design in February to suit us and our readers more), and Thank You for listening to our crazy rambles. And i have a feeling, 2015 is going to be our best yet.

3 comments:

  1. Awah, cute pups! And congrats on your reading! 62! Wow!
    Happy 2015!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I sped through my reading, i'm definitely a book worm!
      Happy 2015 to you too xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry it's taken me ages to post a comment! I'm just getting to grips with using my ipod to comment on blogs - so much easier than on the pc!
    I loved reading this, it made me smile and feel so happy about the good things. I'm so excited to see your dress! And that you've set a date!!!
    Thank you for mentioning me too Laura, your so sweet and I'm so happy that 2014 let us find each other.
    Well done on all those books too! I've never listened to an audio book, but I think I should try it out this year.
    I hope the move goes well, I'm so excited for you.
    I hope 2015 will be a great year and that having your own space will help your health.
    Lots of love Emma Xx

    ReplyDelete