For those who don't know, for M.E. awareness month (May) I am writing a post, despite my severe illness, every single day. I'm doing this to raise money and awareness for the neurological chronic illness M.E. and the charity Invest In M.E.in the hope that one day we may find a cure. So, I'd really love if you'd head over to my JustGiving page and sponsor me throughout this challenge. Thank you.
100g vegan sunflower spread
25g coconut oil + more to grease
100g organic brown sugar
2 flax eggs (flax egg tutorial)
175ml vegan buttermilk (175ml non-dairy milk + 3/4 tbsp lime/lemon juice)
375g Bob's GF flour or any plain gf flour blend
4g baking powder
zest of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Grease 2 loaf tins with coconut oil, line and set aside.
- Put the avocado, xylitol, brown sugar, sunflower spread and coconut oil into a large mixing bowl and whisk for 5 minutes with an electric whisk, or more with a hand whisk (like my superman) until everything is combined and is light and fluffy.
- Now add the flax eggs and buttermilk. Lightly fold in the dry ingredients until mixed and add the zest.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tins and pop in the oven for 45mins. When it's golden brown, has a light crust and a skewer when poked in the cake comes out clean, then it is done.
- Allow the cake to cool and enjoy!