01/05/2015

MEAM: Day One.

Hello, and welcome. Today starts my month of fundraising! I have to admit that it's kinda crept up on me and i feel a little overwhelmed. But, i know i can do it and i know you'll all be cheering me on so thank you kindly in advance. I didn't have specific topic set for today so I'm just going to ramble along with a brief outline of this month on Me, Michael & M.E.

For those of you that have no idea what's going on, read my post on M.E. Awareness Month   to find out what we'll be up to. Basically, I'm going to be posting every single day in May in the hope that you'll sponsor me on my JustGiving page and that I'll be able to raise much more awareness for this crap illness. This is quite the challenge for someone with M.E. so I'm hoping to make everyone proud.

All of these posts are going to be based around M.E. to help other spoonies and hopefully teach people outside of the chronic illness community what it's all about. We have quite a few recipe posts of easy-to-eat delicacies done and dusted all ready for you to give a go, i mean, if Michael can do it then so can everyone ;) Joking, really, he's an awesome cook. Then, Michael will be writing a few little posts that i'm really excited about, there's a few Q&A's planned and even a giveaway! I can't wait to get started!

I'll be trying to keep up with social media too so make sure you follow me on there (links in sidebar) and i'd love if you'd share what you think of all my posts and if you have any post ideas/requests then please do let me know :)

To sponsor me go to my JustGiving page, even the smallest donation makes such a difference.

Also, new blog design! We love it and can't thank Suzana at This Girl Design enough, she's so lovely and helpful that you have got to use her if you're looking for a snazzy new design. Her own blog is also worth a read, This Girl Loves is so beautiful that you'll get caught up for quite a while.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the new design! Very swish! Looking forward to reading all your posts :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you'll be reading, and thank you so so much for donating <3

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your posts this moth, what an amazing challenge to set yourself! I completely admire you both for doing this! Also I absolutely love your new blog design! It's so sleek and classy! I especially like the "keep smiling" at the bottom, was that always there? I can't remember!! So proud of you both, keep up the good work! x

    www.jennyhelenmyspoonielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, we've got lots planned so I hope you enjoy it :) though, I do wonder what I've got myself into! We love the blog design, exactly what we wanted and I think it's very calming too. The keep smiling wasn't there before, I wanted a little post note and thought that was appropriate :)

      Love x

      Delete
  3. You are both incredible! I'm in awe of what you're doing Laura, I can imagine how much of a feat it must be and you deserve every penny and every bit of awareness raised! I'll be sharing and asking everyone to donate :) Sending much love and spoons! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so looking forward to sitting with a cuppa and working my way these posts one by one Laura. What you and Michael are doing is incredible and I think you are fantastic. The new layout is beautiful by the way- I'm a big fan! If you need any help with posts in what remains of the month I'm more than happy to contribute in any way I can. Please do drop me a message if there's anything I can help with. Lots of love to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support in all we're doing <3 I'm really pleased with our new blog design too, exactly what we wanted! xx

      Delete