27/05/2015

MEAM: Mango & Coconut Layer Chia Pudding.

For those who don't know, for M.E. awareness month (May) I am writing a post, despite my severe illness, every single day. I'm doing this to raise money and awareness for the neurological chronic illness M.E. and the charity Invest In M.E.in the hope that one day we may find a cure. So, I'd really love if you'd head over to my JustGiving page and sponsor me throughout this challenge. Thank you.

Now, this post is going to be slightly wierd. I'm not a big fan of chia pudding. Shock horror. I think it has a funny taste and no matter what we do it just won't go so i suppose that's just what chia seeds taste like? Please do let me know if you have any clue, and if there's something off about our recipe don't be afraid to speak up! Anyway, i know many people would love this recipe and i loved it too, just without the chia ;) God, i'm talking absolute crap today! Its looks yummy and if you love chia pudding then you should definitely give it a go. It's so full of goodness, healthy fats and protein and will keep you fuelled. I also think chia pudding makes a lovely light summer breakfast, so snap up some chia seeds and get making.

Mango & Coconut Layered Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding Ingredients: 
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tbsp agave
Layer Ingredients:
1 mango
1 handful fresh coconut cubes
2 tbsp cashew butter
3 tbsp granola - i love this one but with agave syrup.
  • Mix up the chia pudding ingredients in a tub or jar and leave in the fridge overnight. When you wake up give it a good stir and if needed add a little more almond milk or add a little coocnut sugar if not sweet enough. Leave for a further 2 hours, sirring regularly.
  • In a large jar or pint glass, layer up the chia pudding with the layering ingredients and it's all done. I didn't use all of the chia pudding but it's up to you how much you want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment