22/05/2015

MEAM: Spoonie Wishlist.

For those who don't know, for M.E. awareness month (May) I am writing a post, despite my severe illness, every single day. I'm doing this to raise money and awareness for the neurological chronic illness M.E. and the charity Invest In M.E.in the hope that one day we may find a cure. So, I'd really love if you'd head over to my JustGiving page and sponsor me throughout this challenge. Thank you.

I don't know one spoonie who doesn't love a bit of online window shopping! And, we all love getting little things in the post, it makes our day. Michael even answered the door to the postman in my tinkerbell dressing gown, they're buddies. And my best friend says the postman jokes about her post with her Mum! Seriously though, what would we do without a postman and online shopping? Don't. Even. Talk. About. It. It's also difficult when us spoonies live off hardly any money, it could be so easy to get into debt with store cards and the like. So, now i just have a huge ASOS wishlist that, when i actually do have a little money, i pick one or two items off of. I bloody love ASOS! And their pyjamas are the best in the world, so damn comfy and they wash well too (no shrinking!). So, here's an ASOS pyjama wishlist.


There should be at least one set for everyone. I know most spoonies prefer loose bottoms as they can't handle things touching their legs so the pink floral pyjamas or the short sets would be perfect. However, i find loose bottoms get tangled round my skinny legs and it really hurts, and they ride up and pull round my calves (my biggest pain source). Also, i have had very severe 
Raynaulds Phenomenon since i was 12 and it causes a lot of problems, like if i wear loose bottoms my legs get cold which then causes extreme calf pain on top of the normal M.E./Fibromyalgia pain. So, i prefer tighter bottoms, and the top row of pyjamas are by far the most comfortable pyjamas i've ever worn! But, i thought i'd share with you a few 'normal' clothes that are spoonie friendly too.

6. Mini Cami Dress - £12

So, there you go. A couple of things to cover up the greasy 4 week old hair, a cami dress for when it's hot and your body just will not regulate your temperature, a cardigan to throw over your dress when you get cold again, anda pretty painless bra to make you feel a little more sexy and feminine. Then, i must talk about those pants! I have real trouble finding knickers small enough to fit me and that don't twist around or fall down. I used to wear Topshop knickers but they were so big that they were like shorts, and just faded really really quickly. Then, i tried these! They're still a tiny bit big but they're the best i've found. Really comfy, super cute and stay lovely throughout wash over wash. Done. I hope you like this post! Are there any pyjamas you would recommend? And are there any 'normal' clothes you've found suit your spoonie lifestyle? Please comment below, i love hearing from you. And, quick note, i will reply to all the comments when M.E. awareness month is over so please check back to see my reply :)

1 comment:

  1. It must have taken a long time to get the pictures all sorted and everything, I really like the smokey floral pyjama set! :) x

    ReplyDelete