18/05/2015

MEAM: Thank You.

For those who don't know, for M.E. awareness month (May) I am writing a post, despite my severe illness, every single day. I'm doing this to raise money and awareness for the neurological chronic illness M.E. and the charity Invest In M.E.in the hope that one day we may find a cure. So, I'd really love if you'd head over to my JustGiving page and sponsor me throughout this challenge. Thank you.

source
I am knackered. But, so bloody thankful. I can't explain how amazing it was for me to see that we got 2,308 views yesterday, especially as yesterdays post was a hard one to write about my day to day as someone suffering from Severe M.E. That will sound tiny to some, but to a girl who has no energy and has had to strain to write every single word, that's incredible. We normally average around 100 views, so 20 times that is just. Wow. My goal for this month was for as many people as possible to read this blog so they could see what M.E. is really like, how it tears our lives apart and leaves it broken on the floor with no way to put it back together. I think i can say that i'm achieving that, and there's still 2 weeks to go!

Now, post ideas for the rest of the month. Any ideas? Anything you'd like to see? Please leave a comment. I can definitely tell you there will be posts on:
  • Moving House with M.E. ~ this will be from the perspective of a severe sufferer and her carer/fiance so if you have any tips or other views please comment or email me and i'll include them in the post. 
  • A Giveaway ~ I'm keeping this one under wraps but it's going to be a gud'un and absolutely perfect for spoonies.
  • Favourite TV Series & Episodes ~ I know us poorlies get through a lot of TV so we thought we'd share our favourites that we don't mind watching over and over again. We'd love to hear any reccomendations you have.
  • Spoonie Friendly Recipes ~ So far, we have shared our delicious everything free Avocado Cake and my favourite everything free Microwave Crumble. Still to come, we're going to be sharing 4 yummy porridge/oatmeal recipes, a chia pudding and my tapioca recipe.
  • Holy Grail ~ I thought it was about time i shared all the things that get me through each day. I have a feeling this one's going to be really helpful for other spoonies and maybe people looking for spoonie friendly gifts.
So, that's what's coming up and much much more. But, before i go i'd like to say a huge thank you to every single one of you who has read this blog so far and an even bigger thank you to those of you have donated to my Just Giving page! Truthfully, at some points i have felt like giving up, my health is declining every single day but all of you have kept me going, kept me excited and passionate about what i'm doing. I'd also like to say thank you to all the other M.E. bloggers for keeping me inspired, being such wonderful ladies and letting me be a part of the wonderful spoonie community. 2 weeks to go and i hope i can raise so much more awareness and pennies! Lots of love to you all. 

2 comments:

  1. Holy Grail, definitely! I am in the 25%, and I am dependent on my bed rail, for getting up and down, but I added a bicycle mobile phone holder so I can play mobile phone games without having to hold the phone. There are remote control plug adapters so that I can turn the lamps and the fan on and off by remote control as well. Oh, and my Kindle! I can't possibly hold open a paper book anymore, and the Kindle lets me change the font size to whatever my eyes are doing any particular day. I suppose those are my top three Holy Grail items.

    Thank you for your 'My Life' post. My day to day life is somewhat more mobile, but still bedridden and completely dominated by ME. Like you, my husband is my carer, and I have a dog curled up with me right now. =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have moved about 20 times, and found putting sheets, towels, etc., that are soft in a black trash bag will hold breakable items softly and you'll not have to wrap them in paper and put in boxes. I label every bag, box, etc., and put what room in the new place will hold them. My moving company loves me, wants me to teach all their other clients how to move easily. Because they are put in the correct rooms in new place, it's so much easier to unpack them and put away. Excess stuff that has to be ''stored'' is marked ''storage/shed/garage'' so they don't get put into living areas they are not needed in.

    Bless your heart, which seems big as a whole 'nother planet!

    ReplyDelete